Road Running Championship 2014
Knowsley Harriers AC has a strong road running member base and so to reflect this we operate an annual road running championship. In each race every member will be given a score based upon their finishing position against other members of Knowsley Harriers AC. The score will be related to the number of Knowsley Harriers AC club members that you finish ahead of. For example if 30 members enter the race and you are the first Harrier to finish you will receive 30 points, if you are the last Harrier back you will receive 1 point. In the event of a tie between two or more KHAC members scoring the same points, this will be decided by head to head performances between the members involved. KHAC Club Championship Rules:
- At KHAC members can vote with their feet, and if any race has more than 20 members taking part this is then added to the championship.
- It is your best 10 points totals out of the club championship races that count during the year. Due to risks of injury etc we would not expect our members to participate in every race.
- When you enter a race please use “Knowsley Harriers AC” as club name, this makes it easier to collate results after each race.
- You must wear the club vest for your result to be included.
- The overall winners for both Male & Female categories will be announced at the 2014 Christmas awards ceremony.
- Helsby 4 Villages Half Marathon – 19th January
- Merseyvend 5k – 1st February
- Merseyvend 5k – 1st March
- Liverpool Half Marathon – 23rd March
- Run the Bridge 5 mile – 20th April
- Spring 10k – 4th May
- Walton Park 5 mile – 20th May
- Liverpool Rock N Roll Half and Full Marathon – 25th May
- Merseyvend 5k – 7th June
- Tunnel 10k – 8th June
- Mystery 5k – 17th June
- Merseyvend 5k – 5th July
- Sefton Park 5 Mile – 16th July
- Penny Lane 10k – 20th July
- Merseyvend 5k – 2nd August
- Mystery 5k – 12th August
- Birchwood 10k – 17th August
- Merseyvend 5k – 6th September
- Southport 10k – 28th September
- Wirral 10k – 12th October
- Preston 10 – November 16th
RESULTS (if your result is not listed please contact us so that we can ensure it counts towards the championship)