- The Knowsley harriers AC have been putting on a free 5k monthly race since 2011. The aim is to give runners of all abilities the opportunity to test themselves over the 5k distance in a fully licensed race over an accurately measured course. The race is held over a super fast, flat all tarmac surface with PB potential. There is parking, secure baggage storage, toilets, indoor registration and a same day comprehensive on line results service. The race continues to receive praise for its fast course, organisation and friendliness.
- In 2017 we have decided to use the 5k race series to raise both funds & awareness of Alder Hey Children’s Hospital for the good work it does .
- Each year we also look at all 12 monthly races to determine the top clubs performances ( male and female ) and the top runners and vets ( male and female with 6 races to count in the individual competitions ) . Awards are presented to all winners normally in January the following year. But it is not all about the competition, most of our runner take part for fun or the challenge of completing 5k.
- The Alder Hey 5k is hosted on the first Saturday of each month at 10am, the start and finish for the 5k is near our club house in Halewood full address details can be found online by clicking here
- A full set of results from all the 5k races held here together with an extensive stats breakdown can be found by clicking here
- There is no pre-entry. Just turn up, register and race.
Make a Donation to Alder Hey Children’s Hospital
We don’t make any charge for entry, but we would love it if you could make a donation big or small to Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, you can do so on the day or preferably online via our JustGiving page by clicking the link:
Rules & Scoring
We have found a way that will reward ability, team strength & participation. Following the completion of the Grand Prix we will award trophies to the top 3 individual male & female champions, the male and female team winners, and the male and female winner of each vet cat.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is it?
Nothing, Nadda, Free 🙂
Do I need to register beforehand?
Nope, turn up on the day and register
Do I need to be in a club?
Nope, the Alder Hey 5k is open to everyone of all abilities.
The course is an out and back flat route down the Liverpool Loop Line from our Halewood HQ. This provides a fast traffic free route with marshals and a lead bike.